Drum Brake Actuator
We don't just Sell Trailer parts like these, we install them Every Day! You have questions- ask us! You have problems with installation, you can call us for help!
This a GENUINE DEXTER brand Hydraulic pump to activate Drum type brakes (we have the DISC brake model too, just ask!). It works with your existing Electronic brake controller (most of them anyway) taking that electric signal and converting it to hydraulic brake pressure. Braking power is MUCH greater than electric or Surge Hydraulic. You can actually stop, unlike electric brakes on bigger trailers, you will be amazed at the difference, the greater feeling of security you get while towing!
Use this pump to Convert your old Surge Brakes, or the old Vacuum over hydraulic system to this new reliable brake actuator. Your drum brakes will work with the new pump, so you don't have to change anything on the axles!
If you have electric brakes, and are disappointed in the stopping power they
have (or lack of!) then you should be able to simply swap in new brake backing plates, your old drums and bearings should work.
DEXTER Electro/Hydraulic Drum brake actuator is compatible with all vehicle electric connectors and works with most in-cab controllers. Electro/Hydraulic brake actuator provides 1000 psi of pressure for 1-3 axles equipped with drum brakes. Brake fluid pressure is proportional to the electronic brake controller signal. Sealed, anodized aluminum housing provides a weather tight seal.
- Large reservoir capacity reduces the number of fill-ups required which reduces the bleed time as well as the risk of running the reservoir dry during brake bleeding
- Aluminum enclosure provides anti-corrosive protection and prevents the elements from affecting reliability while the finned housing design dissipates heat efficiently
- The unit's hydraulic pump is unrestricted by fluid displacement requirements of brakes which allows for use on single, tandem, and triple axle applications regardless of capacity without the risk of starving the brakes for fluid
- Solid state electronics eliminate mechanical relays and possible damage to the unit if wired incorrectly in addition to improved durability and compatibility with any electric brake controller
- Proportional pressure output to the brakes corresponds to voltage output of the brake controller for smooth, reliable braking
- Reliable warranty coverage provides each actuator with an industry leading 2 year warranty
- 1,000 psi maximum pressure output for axles equipped with drum brakes (K71-650-00)
- Dimensions: 11.38" long x 6" wide x 7" high
- Requires a four wire hookup and minimum 10 amp/hour break-away kit
- Uses DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid, holds 40 cubic inches (0.7 quarts) of fluid
- Meets all DOT regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements
- Eliminates the feeling of being "pushed" by the trailer (reducing the potential of jackknife)
- Eliminates the problems found when backing a trailer uphill with surge brakes
- Eliminates brake drag common with surge brakes on a downhill grade
Note: May Not be Compatible with GMC Integrated Brake Controllers