Nev-R-Adjust Dexter Brake Backing Plates
MPN: 023-438-00 & 023-439-00
Fits Drums that will usually be marked "9-27"
These are complete 12-1/4" diameter electric brake assemblies made by Dexter. in the USA. A complete, or otherwise known as "loaded", brake comes pre-assembled and ready to be mounted onto your flange with existing bolts and nuts. If existing hardware is no longer useable, new ones are available here for purchase. These brake use a forward self adjusting feature which adjusts the brakes on each forward stop. As the shoes wear on the drums, the adjuster arm rotates the screw assembly at the bottom of the brake, expanding the shoes to fill in the gap.
Dexter 12-1/4" electric trailer brake assembly features and specifications:
- Both sides-
- 12.25" x 4" electric drum brake for use with 12-1/4"x4" drums (#9-27)
- 7-hole flange mounting hole pattern (hardware not included--see D17)
- Has an individual weight capacity of 5,000 lbs. (10,000 lbs. per pair)
- Good for up to 15,000 lbs. axles
- Forward Self Adjusting Feature
- Made in US
Note, the are NOT 12-1/2x3-3/8" "General Duty: brakes! These are the HD brakes
- Eliminates brake adjustments
- Brakes automatically adjust to deliver optimum performance and braking power
- Reduce stopping distances 50 percent more than other brakes